Monday 21 November 2011

Dear Dad


A withered rose has lost its structure
Its value and lust,
That same rose once brought passion
and awe with its beauty,
It was appreciated by the eyes
But what did it do for the heart?
You see its not how we look at things
Its about how we feel things,
Our connection, our understanding
The lasting impression you left on my life
Was inevitable
Sometimes I want to hate you
But like that rose 
I must recollect what it once was
To the eye
And what it has done to my heart
I can’t say I love you because 
Your daughter’s not weak
I thought I knew what a man was
But all i knew was you
The frail rose blows with the wind
No strength no will
Just fucking helpless
It looks how it feels
I’d never shed a tear for you
I’ve watched you get to this point
So many times I needed a Dad not a friend
If you weren’t satisfied inside you should’ve
Curled up and been faded 
At least you would have came real
Fuck roses

No comments:

Post a Comment